This recipe comes from Whole Foods (one of my favorite resources for great, healthy recipes) and is one of my go-to staples for a quick lunch. I’ll make this on Sunday and then have it ready to go for several weekday lunches.
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari
- 1/2 small serrano pepper (optional), finely chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets and lightly steamed
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
In a blender or food processor, purée almond butter, lemon juice, dates, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper and water until smooth. Transfer dressing to a large bowl, add broccoli and cilantro and toss well. Cover and marinate for up to 1 hour, if you like. Arrange bean sprouts on a large platter, top with broccoli, garnish with cilantro and serve.
*I usually serve this over brown rice or I add some roasted baby potatoes to make it more substantial. Easy and delicious!