Is there anything better than soup season? I could seriously eat soup every single day and never get sick of it. There is something so comforting about a bowl of soup. And something incredibly healthy *usually*! The only thing better might be a soup made in the Crockpot. One of the best kitchen appliances, in my personal opinion, and probably used more than anything other than my blender (all those smoothies!).
This recipe is brewing in the Crockpot as I type and comes to us courtesy of Whole Foods Market – a great recipe resource, btw!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (16-ounce) bag dried cannellini beans, picked through
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen sweet white corn
- 2 poblano peppers (or 2 green bell peppers), chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 quarts low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup lowfat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
Arrange chicken in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker. Top with beans, corn, poblanos, cauliflower, onion, broth, cumin and chili powder. Cover and cook on low until beans are very tender and cauliflower has fallen apart, about 10 hours. Stir in sour cream and salt, ladle into bowls and serve.
*My alterations – I also added a chopped up yellow bell pepper and a few handfuls of fresh spinach to up the veggies. Top with some guacamole and a side of cornbread. Perfection.
Serves 10 – 12